1) Roll-call and urgent announcements.
2) Follow Up to May 30, 2021 Congressional Briefing with EESI (S Kent): Let’s multiply the effectiveness of this excellent briefing by active and ongoing follow up.
3) Brief Regional Updates (include Meetings with Elected Officials):
— Report from recent or newly scheduled meetings
— CA: San Onofre. other?
— NM/Tx CIS
— IL: Zion
— OH scandal
— New England: VY, Pilgrim
— PA — TMI
— NJ — OC :
— NY: IP: DOB LTA/PSDAR/PSC JP
4) National Radioactive Waste Coalition, and NCC Update
5) Legislative Update: Diane D’Arrigo is hosting Leg. calls on biweekly Fridays at 10:30 a.m. before these DWG calls. Please summarize key points here.
6) Canister and Cask Subcommittee: Last meeting Feb.24; futute TBD
7) Cost-Benefit Risk Analysis — changing to Topic Focussed meetings: Next meeting is 4/30/21
Possible topics: Minimum Standards or Tritium
8) SMNRs: CFA Letter to Secretary Granholm: Topic for 4/30/21 Will invite Don Safer
Union of Concerned Scientists
- “Advanced” Isn’tAlways BetterAssessing the Safety, Security, and EnvironmentalImpacts of Non-Light-Water Nuclear Reactors
Evaluation of Nuclear Power as a Proposed Solution to Global Warming, Air Pollution, and Energy Security:
Eyes Wide Shut Problems with UAMPS’ Proposal to Construct NuScale Small Modular Nuclear Reactors:
Small Modular and Advanced Nuclear Reactors: A Reality Check: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9374057
9) Media Update — Steve Kent