To sign on, please fill out this google form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpIcSLUrwfL1d_Y2LCOgPCvJTnKAVvWdGpH6LuipKHtgO2A/viewform.
It is a quick and easy sign on. More information below.
Anne Rabe has worked at New York Public Interest Group and her knowledge and dedication is extensive. We need a moratorium to stop the dumping of tritiated water into the Hudson and Anne may have found a way.
Her work will go to many different agencies and officials and it is quite dense. The summary below is an easier read.
She has asked for our help in showing support for this complicated piece of work. It is possible that her work could have national implications on how States treat waste water.
You can sign on twice, once as an individual and once as an organization.
Please stand in solidarity with this attempt to protect our Hudson! Sign on and amplify this message on your own lists and social media.
Indian Point Project
Please join over 200 groups and sign on to this letter to the Governor, state and federal agencies and others urging them to immediately establish up to a Two Year Moratorium on the discharge of radioactive wastewater into the Hudson River from the Indian Point nuclear reactor.
We ask organizations, elected officials, and individuals to sign on to this letter calling for a Moratorium at the link below. The deadline has been extended to next Tuesday, July 18th. We hope groups from around the country will join us by signing on. Thanks.
View the letter at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lpi43Xm8AUv1xg2tLOBVXmIGQGq3BCps0fWiueHm-2g/edit?usp=sharing or see attached.
To sign on, please fill out this google form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpIcSLUrwfL1d_Y2LCOgPCvJTnKAVvWdGpH6LuipKHtgO2A/viewform
Summary of Sign On Letter. This letter describes the economic, environmental, health, jurisdictional, legal, good government practice, and right to know reasons for the moratorium and recommendations for actions to be conducted during the moratorium period.
- Comprehensive Testing Needed to Ascertain Toxic & Radioactive Components of the Wastewater
- Comprehensive Testing Needed to Investigate Impact of Past Discharges to the Hudson River
- Environmental and Public Health Assessment Process and Plan
- State-led Wastewater Management Process, with Public Input, to Determine Best Resolution for Toxic & Radioactive Wastewater
- Follow State Standards on Air, Water, Soil, Sediment & Wildlife Pollution
- History Supports State-Led Actions: NYS Championed Responsible Management of Nuclear Waste with Above Ground Storage through State Funded Study and Legislation
Anne L. Rabe
Environmental Policy Director
New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG)
107 Washington Ave. Albany, NY 12210
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead, Anthropologist and Activist